Answers from my updated Capen Quiz:
Don’t read any further until you’ve taken the quiz! Be distracted by the little bird. Scroll no further.
- 79.75 meters (261 feet 8 inches) http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a380family/a380-800/specifications/
- 384,400 kilometers (238,855 miles) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_distance_%28astronomy%29
- 1957 http://history.nasa.gov/sputnik/
- 410 AD http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sack_of_Rome_%28410%29
- 714 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/500_home_run_club
- 1,389,000 http://arstechnica.com/apple/2007/10/apple-q407-financials-triumph-of-the-steve/
- 3,100,000 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transistor_count
- 40.1 million http://population.govt.nz/myth-busters/myth-8.aspx
- 43 mm (1.68 inches) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf_ball#Regulations
- 105 meters (344 feet) http://www.worldwaterfalldatabase.com/waterfall/Victoria-Falls-111/
How did you do? A perfect score is 8 out of 10 right. Recall that I told you up front that people are typically overconfident, so hopefully you got at least half right. If you got less than 2 right, Barclays needs a new CEO.