Model Name: payments, penalties, and environmental ethic
Citation: Dudley, R. 2007. Payments, penalties, payouts, and environmental ethics: a system dynamics examination Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy 3(2):24-35. http://ejournal.nbii.org/archives/vol3iss2/0706-013.dudley.html.
Source: Richard G. Dudley
Copyright: Richard G. Dudley (2007)
License: Gnu GPL
Peer reviewed: Yes (probably when submitted for publication?)
Units balance: Yes
Target audience: People interested in the concept of payments for environmental services as a means of improving land use and conservation of natural resources.
Questions answered: How might land users’ environmental ethic be influenced by, and influence, payments for environmental services.
Payments for Environmental Services (Vensim .vmf)
Submitted by Richard Dudley:
Models in the Special Issue of the System Dynamics Review on Environmental and Resource Systems, Andrew Ford & Robert Cavana, Editors. System Dynamics Review, Volume 20, Number 2, Summer of 2004.
- Modeling the Effects of a Log Export Ban in Indonesia by Richard G. Dudley
- The Dynamics of Water Scarcity in Irrigated Landscapes: Mazarron and Aguilas in South-eastern Spain by Julia Martinez Fernandez & Angel Esteve Selma
- Misperceptions of Basic Dynamics: The Case of Renewable Resource Management by Erling Moxnes
- Models for Management of Wildlife Populations: Lessons from Spectacle Bears in Zoos and Gizzly Bears in Yellowstone by Lisa Faust, Rosemary Jackson, Andrew Ford, Joanne Earnhardt and Steven Thompson
- Modeling a Blue-Green Algae Bloom by Steven Arquitt & Ron Johnstone
See the following web site for article summaries and downloadable models described in this special issue: http://www.wsu.edu/~forda/SIOpen.html